Salsa Fundamentals 1
- Students learn the basic steps, rhythm, and timing of Salsa. From the very first week, students will be able to get out on the dance floor. By the end of the six-week series, students will learn two turn combinations, the cross-body lead, as well as styling tricks to go from open to closed positions.
Salsa Fundamentals 2
– In this class, students are introduced to Cuban basics such as the “basico”, “vacilala”, and a distinct Cuban style of the cross-body lead. The Cuban vocabulary from the Rueda de Casino style is used to teach Cuban style partnered Salsa. At the end of this level, students will easily be able to learn more complex Cuban style Salsa combinations using the foundation of basics learned in Fundamentals 1 and 2. Students in this class are also introduced to Rueda de Casino Fundamentals.
Salsa Intermediate 1
Partnering & Rueda de Casino – Using the vocabulary learned in Fundamentals 1 and 2, students in this level start to put together longer and more complicated combinations. Emphasis is on strengthening the fundamentals and lead/follow technique in the context of learning new combinations.Students may also stay for the extended Rueda de Casino class in which the combinations learned in the partnering class get put into the context of Rueda de Casino. Additional Rueda de Casino specific moves will also be taught.
Salsa Intermediate 2
Partnering & Rueda de Casino – Students at this level will continue to learn more complicated combinations and pattern that build off of the foundations of Salsa Fundamentals and Intermediate Partnering Salsa. Patterns will start to involve more syncopation and subtle technique. Students may also stay for the extended Rueda de Casino class in which the combinations learned in the partnering class get put into the context of Rueda de Casino. Additional Rueda de Casino specific moves will also be taught.
Salsa Advanced Partnering & Rueda de Casino
– At our most advanced level, students will continue to learn tricky combinations and patterns that may involve unusual timing or complicated hand tricks. Students will be encouraged to work on technique and finesse as they execute their turn combinations. Students may also stay for the extended Rueda de Casino class in which the combinations learned in the partnering class get put into the context of Rueda de Casino. Additional Rueda de Casino specific moves will also be taught.
Rueda de Casino
– Rueda de Casino is simply Cuban style salsa danced as a group, in a circle. One dancers takes the role of “caller” and calls out by name, moves for the dancers to execute. To top it all off, the vocabulary of moves are largly in Spanish! We have three levels of Rueda de Casino that go along with the Partnering classes. We take what we learned in the partnering class and put it into the context of Rueda. In addition, we also add Rueda specific moves that may involve the whole group. In order to take the Rueda de Casino class, you MUST take the corresponding partnering class. The corresponding partnering class is always taught the hour before the Rueda class. Pricing discounts are available for the double class. Call the studio at 271-4930 for details.
– Throughout the year, there are many opportunities to perform for our friends, family, and community. The performance team is open to anyone at the Intermediate 2 or Advanced levels. Dancers must be willing to learn choreography may include Rueda, partnering, solos, shines, and styling. Call the studio at 271-4930 if you are interested in joining the team!
All classes are 55 minutes unless otherwise noted. See the event schedule for prices and times.
Don't forget! Salsa, Bachata, Samba Practice - TUESDAYS 8:30PM - 11PM
Practice what you learn in class at our weekly practice sessions. Practice sessions are included in the price of your class.